On behalf of The South African Society of Sleep Medicine (SASSM, www.sassm.org) we are delighted to invite you and your colleagues to attend our Second National Congress, to be held at the Elangeni Hotel in Durban from 8 through 11 November 2012.
The theme this year will be “THE BRAIN, THE MIND AND SLEEP”.
Thought leaders in the field of Psychiatry, Neurology, Neurophysiology, Psychology and Sleep Medicine will be there to update us on the following topics:
- Neurological Disorders: Parkinson's Disease and Sleep, Restless Legs and Movements Disorders, REM Sleep Behaviour Disorder
- Psychiatry and Neuropsychiatry: Affective Disorders and Sleep, Memory Sleep and Cognition – Dementia and Sleep, Forensic Aspects of Sleep, Psychopharmacology and Sleep
- Psychology: An Intensive 2-Day course on Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-1) by Professor Michael Perlis (USA)
- Cardiology: Evaluation of Cardiovascular Disorders, The Brain and Sleep
- Pulmonology: The impact of OSA on Neuro-cognitive function exploring the links?
- Sleep Technology Training Course: Conducted by the President of the European Society of Sleep Technologists – Ms Simone de Lacy
This is the first ever meeting of its kind to bring together these disciplines under one roof at the same time – it is a unique opportunity to hear and learn about the fast emerging field of SLEEP NEUROSCIENCE in the 21st Century.
|This promises to be a most stimulating and informative meeting – not to be missed.|
We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you in Durban.
With kindest regards
Dr Kevin D Rosman MD
President of SASSM
Dr Irshaad Ebrahim MRCPsyc