About CBT-I Training Course
The CBT-I course is intended for Clinical Psychologists, PhD/NP level Nurses and Physicians interested in the assessment and treatment of insomnia, as well as General Practitioners, Nurse Practitioners, Psychiatrists, Neurologists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists. Clinical Trainees are also welcome.
The seminar will provide information on both pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment of insomnia.
At the conclusion of this activity participants should be able to:
- Define insomnia according to ICSD and RDC criteria
- Describe the prevalence and consequences of insomnia
- Assess the merits and applicability of the available medical treatments
- Determine who is a good candidate for CBT-I
- Conduct CBT-I with peer supervision
- Prepare oneself for eligibility for the CBSM Exam offered by the ABSM